We didn't use the spice and glaze from a honey ham that we received from a family friend so I decided to make something yummy and delicious with it!
|cutting the loaf|
|before they baked|
Turn to 400 degrees
6 cups of flour
3 tsp. of yeast
1 tsp. baking powder
Large swirl of honey
4 twists of sea salt or about a 1/4 tsp.
3 table spoons flax chia powder
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
Warm 2 cups of milk
Spice package from honey ham (filling)
Glaze package from honey ham
1 and a 1/2 sticks of sliced butter (filling)
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl then add the wet ingredients and knead until combined into a loaf. Leave that in the large bowl and cover with a towel on the stove so that it will stay warm while it rises.
2. Allow the dough to rise for about 30 minutes.
3. Flour a clean surface and press out the dough with your fingers until you have a nice large area to add your stuffing.
4. Add your butter slices all over the dough then pour on the spice bag shaking it evenly all over the top of the dough.
5. Roll from one end to the other into a log then begin to lengthen into about a 3" diameter loaf.
Then take a non serrated knife and cut into about and inch slices and place on a cookie sheet.
We used two cookie sheets.
6. Cook for about 12 minutes on 400 degrees.
7. Cut off a corner of the glaze packet and swirl on the topping on your rolls when they come out of the oven.
Enjoy warm or allow to cool.