Things are going good with the kids new homeschooling situation. They are thriving now that we have another teacher in the house 3 times a week. We each take a table of children broken down to the four younger ones and the three older ones. I help her keep the kids on track and answer any questions they may have while she works with the other group. So far this has been working although it is not fluid yet. We are moving along with that and once a week, usually on Wednesday I focus on Music. I have a class and then I have each one practice a simple song on the piano. The class is for learning the letters and theory of music while the piano part is the practical application.
Meals have been a bit of a challenge for me so we have done a lot of meals with boiled chicken and then a lot with family meals that I find at our local grocery store plus a salad or side of veggies.
Chicken and Rice Tex-Mex
1. Boil your chicken (whole or several parts)
2. Cook your rice (basmati) in a rice cooker.
3. De-bone your chicken and take the skin off and dispose of this. Keep the chicken in a large glass casserole dish.
4. Add your cooked rice and an inch layer of chicken broth from your boiled chicken.
5. Add about 2 cups of picante sauce.
6. Add onion soup mix.
7. Stir all of this up thoroughly.
8. Add a thin layer of Mexican cheese mix or your favorite cheese on the top.
9. Bake on 400 for about 15 minutes no preheating.
Serve with your favorite condiments and sides. We like ranch or sour cream and hot sauce. Guacamole would be nice as well.
Recently, I have changed Chiropractors and this one is farther away. I have a ride right now but my Chiropractor really wants me to come more often to get better results and to be able to work with the massage therapist and the physical trainer. This is something we would like to do but we are praying for how God would work all of that out for us.
For now we are going once a week and are taking it step by step.