|Photo by joephotostudio at freedigitalphotos.net|
2 tbls. minced garlic
a little fresh ground pepper
1/2 cup diced onion
8 crushed crackers
4 cans of spam smashed
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 c. shredded cheese plus 1/2 c. sprinkled on top
4 fresh eggs
1. Smash all ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Form into thin patties with your bare hands, or any other way you can get it done. If you don't like gooey texture then wearing gloves would be in order.
3. Fry on griddle for 7 to 10 minutes on one side then flip and continue the same on the other side.
4. After both sides are fried remove to a baking sheet and sprinkle the other 1/2 c. of the cheese on the top of the patties to melt. Turn the oven on warm and leave in the oven until the cheese melts.
5. Dress your burger with anything you like on other types of burgers.
Note: do not add any salty seasonings because spam is already salty.
These are really great family favorites. Let me know how yours turns out!
We shared this at: