I was wanting to make something rather exciting for my son, Zeke's thirteenth birthday breakfast to show him how much I love him. I know that everyone likes sweet treats so I am making some cinnamon roles this morning. Did you know that cinnamon helps to balance your blood sugars. I am adding lots of cinnamon to this recipe to help do just that!
First I start out with my croissants recipe and then I half it and add a cup of sugar and about 4 teaspoons of cinnamon .
Then I follow the directions on the croissants except I don't cut into croissants.
1. Make sections into a long snake shape like you are playing with playdough or get the kids to help!
2. Roll flat with a rolling pin.
3. Take a pizza cutter and cut into long inch strips and roll into cinnamon rolls.
4. Add to your cookie sheet or casserole pan and drizzle with melted butter or spray with oil.
5. allow to rise a second time and make your icing!
2 cups confectioners sugar (how to make confectioners sugar video)
1 stick of softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 tablespoon of milk
Whisk or beat together to form a glaze adding the milk a little at a time.
5. Bake at 400 for 12 to 14 minutes.
6. When you are finished baking then you will want to add the icing. Enjoy!
We shared this post at: