Have you had a hard time finding the children's scissors? Are they hard to find when the kids need to do a project? I had this problem and wanted to end it. I have been searching high and low for a solution and one finally popped into my head.
When something pops into my head I like to go ahead with it because usually it is God trying to tell me something when I am trying to do something right.
Here is what I did!
- I found a short wide mouth mason jar that I had used for jelly.
- Then I found the metal lid and removed the center portion.
- Then I went through my plastic lids and found a blue one that I didn't have the container for any more.
- I cut the lid to fit the center circle.
- Then I asked my son for the box cutter and cut some small X's into the lid in the shape of a cross; four on the outsides and one in the center.
- I was all finished I just pushed the scissors into the plastic and yeah the children can now use the scissors holder for school.
The thing I really like about this is that now I can look and the holes that are not filled tell me that someone didn't replace a pair of scissors and I can find that scissors and get it put away quickly. I love that, don't you?