Here are some ideas that I have come up with.
1. A lost and found shelf for the hall way. As we find things that don't belong we take them to the lost and found and then the owner can come by and see things that are his or hers and put them away. So far this is going really well.
2. A hair brush cord- I have attached some pretty cording to some of our hair brushes and tied them onto our hair supplies caddy and even to our drawer handle in the bath room because I was tired of having to look for a brush every morning and when we were in a hurry to get to church or something. Have you ever been there?
3. After every meal they have to pick up their dishes and rinse and put into the dishwasher. Then the one who has that time of days kitchen clean up is privileged to sweep and mop and make sure the table is cleaned off and a new table cloth is put on.
4. Have a towel washing day. If you have a towel washing day once or twice a week then the children will be more likely to keep track of their towel. Plus if you have a certain color of towel or maybe even have their towel monogrammed with their name then they can find it easily and put it away somewhere to dry in between showers.
5. Write the little children's names on their fat crayons. That way every time you or they see one of their crayons in the floor they will know that that crayon IS theirs and that they need to take care of it or it will be lost or broken.
Do you have some great tips for me and my family? Please tell me about your ideas in the comments.