Around my house the little ones are always wanting to wear a band aid. So they raid my band aid stash. I know that none of you have this problem, but it can get to be very expensive to keep up with their band aid habit. So I came up with a solution that works most of the time.
I have started making my own pretend band aids. They work a little bit for a little while and that seems to be all that they really require.
Here's how I made them:
Old blue jean material
colored fabric of any kind
sewing machine and contrasting thread
1. Cut out some band aid shapes large and small.
2. Cut out some colored fabric in small rectangular shapes for the center.
3. Sew around the outer edges with a zig zag stitch.
4. Sew around the center portion as well.
5. Apply past to the outer edges I used my homemade school glue to make mine.
6. Allow to dry.
To use or play with these, just moisten them and hold on for a few seconds and tell your little patient to blow on it for a while and be careful not to loose it.
It doesn't take long to whip up a batch of these and you could store them in a Altoids tin or a old band-aid box or a zip lock. You could even make some to give as gifts.
They are washable but you should reapply the paste. Have you ever made any of these before? The kids can help cut the shapes out.