I have been seeing lots of really cool lid organizers on Pinterest but I didn't want to spend the extra money it took to buy them. I didn't have any of the materials laying around the house, so I decided to create one for myself that could be made from something that I already had around my house.
We eat cereal for breakfast most days unless we are running low and them I bake breakfast. (I did that this morning with my girls but that's another story) That means that I have lots of large cereal boxes because we buy the biggest ones in the store so that they will last in our large family.
1 cereal box
a box cutter
hot glue gun
Optional- material to cover the box
- Cut off the front panel of your large cereal box with your box cutter.
- Heat up your hot glue gun and make sure you have lots of extra sticks handy.
- Apply little strips of glue every inch or so down and about two or three inches apart (making three one inch strips across on every row) to keep the lids from slipping.
- If you want you can now cover your box with your favorite material or whatever you have on hand. Glue that on.
- You are finished just set your finished lid organizer into your cabinet and add your lids.