For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down , and reapest that thou didst not sow .
We have the power to take what little we have and make something more out of it in Christ. If we give up because we have nothing then we will never see the miracles of God. Make something out of nothing today!
Here are some ways to see this unfold:
1. Clean a cluttered room.
2. Make a simple homemade meal.
rice and beans
3. Clean out a really dirty cabinet, drawer, or closet.
4. Have a play day with the kids.
5. Read a book with your children.
6. Sing songs with the children.
7. Read the Bible with the children.
8. Tickle the children.
9. Is there a "dohicky" or a "whatchamacallit" that you are wanting, something that would make the house a better home but you just don't have the funds? Is there a cute "thingyhopper" that you have really wanted to wear or see your child in but can run out and buy?
Sit down and find someone who has made one (pinterest is a good place to look) and then determine how you could make one too with what you have on hand. Don't complain about it. Do something about it!
10. Is there somewhere you need to go? Make it today and make it fun even if it is to the store or to the post office and you have to walk.
11. Plant something and watch it grow. Even if you have to plant it indoors and keep a fish tank light over it to help it grow. (that's my new project, growing tomatoes with a fish tank light)
Purpose not to be a defeated person. You are only defeated when you allow yourself to be.
II Timothy 1:7
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.