1. First, I went through all of the boy's toys and only left out enough toys in a box that could easily be put away into that same box. I then sorted out the rest of the toys into those white kitchen trash bags so that I could label them with numbers. I then put those back into one side of the boys closet and ....
2. Then I went through all of their clothes and did the same thing; putting the ones that they don't need right now labeled with the size and season and stored to the top shelf of the closet above the clothes rod.
3. I then made a label with some card stock type paper and a marker for each section of our boy's closet that we were going to designate for each of our four boys. You could also print this our with the computer. Currently we are out of ink so I did what I could:)
4. Then I told the boys that whenever I designate a cleaning time,( which is usually in the mornings around our house) they are to first put away all of their toys out of sight into their toy box. They can not do any other cleaning until this is done because the toys in the room will call to them and ask them to play with them:) Then they are to proceed with thier other chores in the room which for them is taking out laundry and putting away thier boy's room laundry into their drawers and closets in the proper places, all of which are labeled.
5. The clothes are altered from the bags to the drawers by season and the toys are altered by the month for now.
I hope all of this is helpful to someone as it has been helpful to me. I am also planning on writing some ore of these posts about other areas of the home. Happy Homemaking!
|the zboy's room|