I've been hunting down and thinking up and praying for ways to impress upon my husband that I truly love him. It seems like our days can get so full of work and children and church duties that our relationship is put off or left out until later. I have decided that NOW is my later!
1. Write him notes on the things that you are called on to do for him. Sometimes doing things for my husband gets to be a drudgery and the deceiver tells me that he should be able to do those things for himself. I think that is because he has done them himself when I have been pregnant. But, now I have the opportunity to do them for him with joy. He does so much for us everyday by going off to work an hour away and waking up early to get there, and living on a small amount of sleep to make sure that everyone has their time with Dad. He deserves what I do for him and even if he didn't his position as Father and Husband should be honoured. Love notes and notes of appreciation make him feel valued and make doing the chores for him a lot more fun! I just cut up some colored paper and pin it to his ironed clothes and other things he wants me to have ready everyday.
2. If there is a little something that you find at the store that you think will surprise him and improve the quality of his day and its not too expensive then pick that up and bring it home. I did that the other day with shoe inner souls. He was so pleased with that gift and it made his feet feel better in his Sunday shoes.
3. Wake up early with him even if you have to go back to sleep. Husbands love to have a morning with hugs and kisses to start their day off right. It makes them feel on to of the world like a real king. Who knows you may inspire him to rise to his greatest potential at work and in the ministry both. Your love makes a difference!
4. Keep the dining table pretty as a picture. I'm writing this now in hopes of inspiring myself today to get this accomplished. I want to get the table done up for the season. A homey atmosphere can warm his heart and shield him from the cruel outside world. Our homes are to be a refuge. With me I am always struggling with keeping the house picked up so I will concentrate on this and maybe all of the other things will fall into place as well. I will try to keep you in the loop.
|clean and clear with a little pretty on top|
|I decided to decorate the fish tank table for the season because my roses are so pretty this time of year|
5. Keep your bed made and ready for the master of the house. My kids are always jumping into my bed for one reason or another and I will have to let them know that I want the bed beautiful for when Daddy comes home. I want to surprise him.
How about you? What do you do to let your husband know that he is the king of the house and a very special person in your life and in your home? Please only respond with words you would let your young children hear. Some things ought not to be spoken of in public.