I have been doing laundry every day for quite some time now because of the volume of laundry and people that I have in my house. Recently though I have decided to try to do it all in one day or at least maybe two days a week just to see which way works the best for our family. I have done almost all of the laundry that I had to do in the course of two days. Here are some of the ways that I utilize my time and get more done.
Time and Money Saving Tips
1. As soon as one load is finished I put it into an empty basket.
2. Then I refill the washer and start it again and keep the washing process going.
3. I have two washers to make washing more efficient for a large family.
4. I fill my dryer 75% full and add a dry towel to dry the laundry more quickly.
5. Only use cold water and the quick wash cycle except when washing whites for bleaching.
6. I make my own laundry detergent.
7. I use the bounce softener bar.
8. Separate the laundry into three baskets folded and on hangers (this is done in the long baskets that the kids use ) if they are church clothes. One basket for boys, one basket for girls and one basket for Mom and Dad. I also hang Mom and Dad's clothes up in the Laundry room if they are not t-shirts etc.
9. I add some sheets and pillowcases and blankets to the children's baskets to put away as they put away their clothes since their room is closet to the linen closet.
10. I have the children bring their dirty laundry to me and I have them take their clean laundry and put it away I help some of the time. It is a large job.
Resources links for repairs and supplies:
PartSelect (for parts and advice)
Amazon.com (laundry soaps)
Eco Nuts (also on my side bar)
How about you? Do you have a certain wash day? Do you do any of these steps?